Contacting Amazon Seller Support can sometimes be a tricky and painful process. Getting a customer service representative that really comprehends the issue at hand is tough, and it’s even tougher to get them to actually solve your problem.
Process For How To Deal With Amazon Seller Support
Luckily, our team of Amazon experts has experience dealing with Amazon Seller Support and has put together a short, repeatable process for you to use to solve your own Amazon issues:
- Fully identify your issue – You want to make sure you fully identify the issue you’re having. Make sure you keep track of all the solutions you’ve already tried – Seller Support will often ask you to try a bunch of these and you can save a ton of time if you let them know you already have.
- Block out time – You’re going to be solving most of your major issues with Amazon on the phone and that can be a long process. You want to make sure you block out at least an hour or more of your time before you call into Seller Support – nothing is worse than having to explain your issue to an entirely new Amazon Representative because you ran out of time on your first call.
- Call Seller Support – While submitting a support ticket can often work to get your issue solved, it is generally a lot slower than calling in. Call into seller support in order to get your issue solved quickly.
- Get to the right department – The first thing you want to ask the customer support representative is to transfer you to the correct department. Getting transferred to a specific department increases the chances that the representative helping you can solve your issue.
- Explain your issue – Use your notes from Step 1 to explain your issue thoroughly to the Amazon Seller Support Representative. Let them know what solutions you’ve already used and make sure to give them all the information you have on the issue.
- Get your issue solved – Don’t let the Amazon Seller Support Representative off the phone until they solve your issue. In most cases, they should be able to fix the problem at hand before you get off the phone. In some rare cases they may have to create a support ticket for a more knowledgeable representative to take a look at – only accept this solution as a very last resort.
While this process has been proven to help fix most Amazon issues, keep in mind that not all issues are fixed easily. Some issues may require Amazon to take a more in-depth look and might take longer to get solved.
Also keep in mind that sometimes you might get an Amazon Seller Support Representative that is not very knowledgeable or does not understand your issue – if this is the case, don’t be afraid to call back and repeat the process – it is guaranteed you will get a different representative every time you call. You can also contact us for help as well using the button below.Get Help Contacting Support